Of all the animals of prey, man is the only sociable one.
Every one of us preys upon his neighbour, and yet we herd together.
The Beggar's Opera: John Gay

Sunday 26 April 2009

Songs from the Dentist's Chair


For the past week, thanks to my recent root canal work, I've had a particular song running through my head. By a sad coincidence we learned yesterday of the death of one of its authors Duke D'Mond (aka Richard Palmer), lead singer of the Barron Knights, kings of British pop parody.

I think it deserves not to be forgotten, if only as a form of distraction from what's going on in your mouth. (At least it stops me thinking of 'Dentist!' from 'Little Shop of Horrors'.)

All together now....

"There's a dentist in Birmingham
He fixed my crown..."




Suggestions for other suitable songs welcome - I have a follow-up appointment next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is on as I’m having some technical difficulties with Comments